Every Sunday, from 06/14/2020 to 07/12/2020, 10:10 AM - 11:00 AM
Welcome! Our goal is to help our children become true disciples of Jesus Christ by: building relationships with them, being examples for them and teaching them God’s Word.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.” And he laid his hands on them. — Matthew 19:14-15
Children’s Sunday School during the pandemic:
• For the safety of our children and our teachers, we do not currently have on-site Sunday School.
• We follow the leadership of our Bishop and The Diocese of Texas regarding when and how we can reopen in-person Christian Formation.
• We have been providing Bible lessons to our families at home with children. I regularly email my “Faith Builder” newsletter with Bible lesson, discussion questions, activities related to the Bible reading, and prayer corner. The goal is to bring Jesus and the Bible to your children at home through study and activities.
• If you would like to receive the Faith Builder email, please contact Louise at
• This Fall we will provide virtual Children’s Sunday School. Watch for more details!
“It is wonderful to see the pride the children have in their room and the respect they have for their special area, called the atrium. This is the place where they can talk to God in their hearts and minds and God can talk to them, as they learn. Our room is set up with an altar that is their size, so they can experience the things they see in church first-hand through hands-on experience and learn the meaning.”
Some of the things you notice in the Atrium classrooms are: Soft lighting, candles, quiet voices, freedom of movement, meditative work, and careful handling of materials.
Sundays include a presentation (lesson) in which the Catechist presents a new Christian message. Sunday presentations end with prayer. Children are encouraged to offer prayers, aloud or in their hearts.
Presentation Materials in Level One Atrium (age 3-5)
- Basket of Bibles in different languages
- Child-sized Altar
- Resurrection model and figurines
- Wooden Liturgical calendar
- Prayer Table
- Model & figurines of The Last Supper
- Topographical Map of Israel
- Baptism materials
Presentation Materials in Level Two Atrium (grades 1st-3rd)
- Prayer Journals
- Time line of the Kingdom of God
- Wooden books of the Bible
- 3-D Model of Jerusalem during Holy Week
- Model of Parable of Good Samaritan
- Pin maps of Israel in Jesus’ Time
- Miniature environments representing parables and Biblical stories
Other Children's Programs
Nursery (newborns - 5yrs old)
We provide a caring environment for infants through age five that is staffed with professional childcare workers. New families will need to complete a "Child Information Form". Parents will be alerted through a mobile app if they need to return to the nursery for any reason.
The Nursery is open Sundays from 8:30am – 12:15pm during the 9:00am and 11:00am Sunday morning services. The nursery is located in the north end of the Bentley Education Center (BEC). Childcare is also provided for other services and events, such as Sunday evening special services and programs.
Children's Church during the 9am service
At St. Dunstan’s, we strive to help our children to understand our lessons and prayers, as well as to learn the meaning woven into all aspects of our church service. A large congregational service geared towards adults can be overwhelming to smaller children. We offer Children’s Liturgy during the 9:00am service in the Nave. This “Kid’s Church” is for children ages 3 through 3rd grade. Children leave the service before the Bible readings, exiting with their adult Liturgy Team leaders to the Bentley Education Center. Children’s Liturgy is an age-appropriate simplified version of our service: lessons, kid’s sermon, prayers, offering, and peace. The children rejoin their families midway through the service just after the Sermon and Announcements in time to have communion with their parents.
God Rejoices for Amazing Children with Exceptional needs (GRACE)
This year-round Sunday morning program is available during our 9:00am worship service. GRACE Family Ministry provides an appropriate worship and learning atmosphere for children with special needs – while providing their parents and family the opportunity to worship and serve in other ministries on Sunday mornings. GRACE is available during our 9 am worship services and our Sunday School hour. A team of church volunteers and paid staff provide supportive and caring experiences for the special needs children. GRACE ministries is equipped to serve children with mild to moderate disabilities. The mission of GRACE ministry is to share God’s love with children who have special needs, and to enable them to become an active part of God’s family.
All volunteers that work with children are required to submit to a thorough background check and attend training. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Louise Durnell.