It is a privilege and an honor for St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church to walk with people on the journey of life.
From the celebration of a baby’s birth to the celebration of a life well-lived, we seek to be a source of spiritual guidance, support, and celebration for you and your family.
Holy Baptism is the initiation by water and the Holy Spirit into Christ’s Body, the Church. In the Episcopal Church, Baptism is the entry rite into the Christian life. Baptism is the only requirement for joining in the Holy Eucharist and all other ministries of the Church. Each candidate for Holy Baptism is sponsored by one or more baptized persons. The sacrament takes place during the 11:00 a.m. Sunday Worship Service.
To Be Baptized:
- Contact Sarah Quiroga to register.
- Attend a Baptism walk-through right before the service.
- Upcoming Baptism Dates: Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 11:00am, Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 11:00am, and Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 4:00pm
To be married in St. Dunstan's:
- At least one person must be a baptized Christian and either an active contributing member of St. Dunstan's OR the child of an active contributing member.
- Contact the Sarah Quiroga to check on available dates and to set up a meeting with the Wedding Coordinator.
- Attend premarital counseling with a member of the clergy. This is a prerequisite for marriage in the Episcopal Church.
At the Bishop of Texas' yearly visitation we celebrate Confirmation, the sacramental rite in which an individual expresses a mature commitment to Christ.
We have Adult Confirmation and Youth Confirmation.
The confirmation class explore topics of faith and invite you to explore where your beliefs intersect the beliefs of the Episcopal tradition.
As Christians, we live in the hope and reality that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ, nothing in life, nothing in death. Still, one of the hardest things we face in this life is the death of a loved one. St. Dunstan's clergy, staff, and members offer their caring support and expertise during this difficult time, guiding service planning, offering simple receptions to help celebrate your loved one’s life, and walking with you through the experience of grief and loss.
Please contact the Church Office at 281-440-1600 and a member of our staff will assist you.