May 20, 2021 - Diocesan updates on easing restrictions and St. Dunstan's response. Please watch the video.
- Increase attendance up to 120 people starting Palm Sunday, March 28, 2021.
- Communion now will be received by kneeling at the altar rail. You will have the option of receiving both elements (bread & wine). You will only be allowed communion by intinction of the Eucharistic Host (dipping the bread into the wine) prior to consuming.
- The Priest and Acolytes will process down the aisle to read The Gospel among the congregation.
- The offering plate will be passed during the offertory.
- Small Groups and Ministries can return to campus, as long as those attending wear masks and socially distance.
- Coffee and refreshments can now be served during fellowships on campus.
- The Celebrant can be maskless during the entire service if he has been vaccinated except for during the distribution of communion.
- Singing restrictions have been lifted as long as everyone is wearing a mask.
- Hymnals and Books of Common Prayer will be returned to the pews and available for use.
- Reservations for all worship services are still required and RSVPs can be done online.
March 3, 2021 - link to video response to the Re-Opening of Texas
Jan. 11, 2021 - The Regathering Committee along with the Vestry met to discuss the re-opening of the Church for Worship. The following decisions have been recommended by the Regathering Committee and approved by the Vestry.
- The Church Campus will re-open on Friday, Jan. 22.
- Worship Services maximum capacity is lowered to 50 attendees.
- Attendace capacity of 50 guests also applies to Funerals and other special services.
- There will not be overflow seating in the Parish Hall for any service.
- The Committee will meet again in 4 weeks to assess.
Jan. 2, 2021 - Temporary Church Closure
Dear Friends in Christ,
Fr. Roman and The Vestry of St. Dunstan's want to inform you, we are temporarily closing our Church for worship this Sunday and Church office during the week. Due to COVID-19 Protocol, it is in the best interest of our congregation and staff, that we should be closed for a minimum of 2 weeks.
For those that have reservations for worship for this Sunday, Jan. 3rd, please stay home and watch our livestream.
If you were scheduled to serve - Acolytes, Lectors, Ushers, Altar Guild, etc. - please stay at home and watch our livestream.
Our leadership is meeting and determining the best course of action as we move forward to keep everyone safe. Fr. Roman will be sending a video update with more information soon.
We pray you and your family stay healthy.
Sept. 25, 2020 - Updated Dioceses Guidelines for Gathering - watch the video here. Click here to Go to Diocese Page of latest guidelines.
August 21, 2020 - In-Church Worship Resumes Sept. 20th @9:00am. Max. capacity of 50 guest. Must RSVP, wear mask, sanitize hands, and social distance. Fall Parish Meeting - Mid Year Update on Sunday, Sept. 13th @10:00am via LIVE STREAM. See the video update here Friday Video: Regathering Update & More
Updates March-July 2020
July 1, 2020 - In -Church Worship will be cancelled for the month of July. Please join us for worship online at 8:00am Sunday mornings.
The St. Dunstan's Leadership has been monitoring the developments within our immediate surrounding community and we will open up for in-church gathering again as soon as possible.
June 26, 2020 - Follow up to update posted on June 23
June 23, 2020 - Important UPDATE: Worship Services Cancelled for 2 weeks.
June 19, 2020 In-Church Worship Guidelines
June 12, 2020 Re-opening Announcement
Please watch the 2 min video with our exciting news.
Worship Services for Sunday, June 14 will ONLY be online. IN-Church Worship starts: Saturday, June 20 @5pm Family Service | Sunday, June 21 @ 9am & 11am . Maximum occupancy of 50 guests. RSVP required. Must wear mask. More info soon. WE WILL CONTINUE TO OFFER ONLINE WORSHIP FOR THOSE WHO ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND IN-CHURCH WORSHIP.
June 3, 2020 Update on Regathering
- Our Regathering Plan has been approved by the Diocese
- Our Ministry Heads have been trained on the plan
- Our masks have been built by the great folks of The Street of Shops
- The church has been marked and all signs have been ordered
- And our staff is ready to launch our RSVP system for reservations.
- All that remains is the actual permission from Bishop Fisher to re-enter the congregation. Sadly, this WILL NOT happen on June 7th. The Bishop has postponed any permissions for Harris County until after the order from the Harris County judge is lifted or changed. As of now, this "Stay at Home, Work Safe" order is to expire on June 10, but we still don't know if she will extend it. Please bear with us. Much of this planning is fluid and only the Bishop has the authority to allow us back in.
I promise you that we will keep you informed as we receive additional updates. I know how hard this waiting is for many of us. Please call me directly if you have any questions.
May 27, 2020 A Brief Update on Our Regathering Plan
Our regathering plan was submitted to the Diocesan Mission Amplification and Bishop Fisher’s offices on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Since then, we have heard from Mission Amplification that our plan has been accepted by their office. We are still waiting for an official response from Bishop Fisher’s office. I communicated with him yesterday, however, and he is leaning to a reopening date of June 14, 2020, since the Harris County Judge extended her “Stay at Home, Work Safe” order to June 10.
We are in the process of training our ministry heads on the new plan, which was summarized in my last communication to you. Our masks have been made and our reservation system is ready. (We will be running tests this week.) Our cleaning company is set to start working as soon as we give them the okay, and the early stages of our communication systems upgrade in the nave have started this week. We are almost there! We will let you know if the date has been moved form June 7 to June 14 as soon as we hear from the Bishop’s office. Blessings to you. Fr. Roman+
May 20, 2020 - A Second Update of Regathering email update: read it here https://conta.cc/2Acqp9B
May 6, 2020 - A few thoughts on Regathering email update: read it here https://conta.cc/2xGVFNc
May 1, 2020 Video Message regarding The Diocese of Texas Guidelines for Re-Gathering and St. Dunstan's Plans to Implement Safe Worship Practices
April 27, 2020 - Update: Church Gatherings Cancelled for Sunday, May 3 & Sunday, May 5th.
April 14, 2020 - Update: Church Gatherings Cancelled for Sunday, April 19 & Sunday, April 26
Please join us for Worship Online on Sundays. Worship videos available starting at 8:00am. www.saintdunstans.org/onlineworship
March 30, 2020 - Update: Church Gatherings for Cancelled for Palm Sunday, April 5 through Easter Sunday, April 12
Please join us for WORSHIP ONLINE on Palm Sunday, April 5 at 8:00am & Easter Sunday Worship Online at 8:00am
Prayers | Readings | Sermon | Music http://www.saintdunstans.org/onlineworship
Worship details and study resources will be emailed Saturday.
In addition, all programs and ministries that meet at St. Dunstan's are cancelled for the week of March 30-April 17. We will continue to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus and will follow up with another update as soon as possible in regards to worship services & programs for the following Sunday, April 19.
March 23, 2020 - Update: Church Services Cancelled for March 29
WORSHIP SERVICES AT ST. DUNSTAN'S ARE CANCELED FOR SUNDAY, MARCH 29.
In addition, all programs and ministries that meet at St. Dunstan's are cancelled for the week of March 29-April 3. We will continue to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus and will follow up with another update as soon as possible in regards to worship services & programs for the following Sunday, April 5.
Please join us for WORSHIP ONLINE on Sunday, March 29. Worship details and study resources will be emailed Saturday, March 28.
March 22, 2020 - Worship with us Online. Click Here.
March 16, 2020 - Update: Church Services Cancelled for March 22
In addition, all programs and ministries that meet at St. Dunstan's are cancelled for the week of March 15-27. We will continue to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus and will follow up with another update as soon as possible in regards to worship services & programs for the following Sunday, March 29.
The Staff & Leadership of St. Dunstan's understand that this is a challenging time. We are praying for our church family and for the world. The Staff is working on creative ways for us to "Keep our distance, but share our faith". We hope that you will continue to stay connected to each other and to your faith - call each other, plan virtual Bible studies online, text a prayer, or watch a livestream of the Holy Eucharist. Click Here for Resources from March 15
We will be sending out another email with Worship & Bible Study Resources for this coming Sunday, March 22nd later this week.
We will continue to monitor the development of COVID-19 and will notify you via email as soon as possible. You can also find the latest St. Dunstan's COVID-19 on this webpage.
March 13, 2020 - Update: Church Services Cancelled for March 15 & New Church Practices
WORSHIP SERVICES FOR SUNDAY, MARCH 15 ARE CANCELLED.
Updated Worship Guidelines
- The celebrant consecrates a cup and may commune or dispose of after the Eucharist.
- Local health authorities recommend discontinuation due to the fact that we do not at this time the viability of the virus through touch, surfaces, and liquid.
- Many denominations have done so and four episcopal churches in the diocese of Texas have done so already.
- Numerous dioceses have done so.
- Here is the statement from the Archbishops of York and Canterbury regarding communion in one kind only.
March 6, 20202 - Diocese of Texas New Guidelines for Church Practices & Liturgies
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact the world and communities across the United States, Bishop Doyle sent out communication and the new required initiatives that will lower the risk of spreading communicable diseases in congregations and communities.
Due to the incredibly contagious nature of COVID-19 and to practice an abundance of caution, the Diocese of Texas is recommending the following common-sense steps and practices for church operations and liturgies. Until further notice:
Bishop Doyle is requiring the discontinuation of intinction (dipping the bread or wafer in the cup). It may be important to remind us all that "Sacraments may be received in both kinds simultaneously" but this is subject to the bishop's approval, according to the BCP page 407-408.
- Drain and empty all baptismal fonts and stoups, and for the time being, the practice of dipping the hands in the water of a font should be discontinued. If you perform a baptism, please use fresh water each time.
- Avoid physical contact with others, including during the exchange of the peace—a simple bow or verbal exchange is appropriate.
- Place hand sanitizing gel at the credence tables and ask all who are involved in the distribution of communion and chalice to sanitize before the distribution.
Should the outbreak grow in Texas, The Diocese of Texas will follow the best practices of other dioceses where the risk has become higher of spreading the virus. We will be monitoring updates and communicating with you directly as things change. You can read the full memo here.
Additional resources to help answer you questions about the common cup vs intinction and other practices: