In August 2018, Fr. Rob announced his call to become the Dean of St. Matthew’s Cathedral in Dallas, Texas. The parish celebrated his ministry and that of his family on his last Sunday, October 14. Since his departure, we have been praying for our future rector and following the Diocese of Texas' guidelines/process for a New Rector Search.
Please pray with us:
Almighty God, giver of every good gift: Look graciously on St. Dunstan's, and so guide the minds of those who shall choose a rector for this parish, that we may receive a faithful pastor, who will care for your people and equip us for our ministries; through Jesus Christ out Lord. AMEN.
- January 6-27: All Parishioners were invited to participate in the Congregation Assessment Tool (CAT) administered by HolyCow! Consulting.
- February 12: HolyCow! Consulting met with the vestry to go over the results of the CAT.
- March 24: All Parish Meeting to go over key results of the CAT.
- Sept. 8: Parish Community Meeting to present 2020 Vision Priority Goals with an update from The Search Committee
The Rector We Seek - Parish Profile
Are you the Rector we seek?
Our Parish Profile serves as a starting point for discerning the characteristics of the rector we seek.
We pray that you will prayerfully consider our parishioner’s needs, desires, and future. We pray that in the stillness, God will speak to you about your talents and abilities as it relates to St. Dunstan’s.
If you would like to nominate a new rector candidate, please fill out the New Rector Nomination form and return it in a sealed enveloped marked "Search Committee". The envelope can be left in the Mace Room mail closet in the "Search Committee" mail slot. Nominations due by Sept. 30th.
Our Search Committee
After prayerful consideration, the Vestry selected the following volunteers to serve on The New Rector Search Committee
- Brooks Anderson
- Jennifer Chachere
- Carol Cooper
- Laura Gunn – Vestry
- Bill Hutchinson
- Ed Lancaster
- Bob Maurer
- Michael McElroy – Vestry
- Nancy Phillips
- Arden Renze
- Gerald Schattle
- Rachel Stevens – Vestry
- Betsy Sullivan
- Don Dozier – Vestry, Sr. Warden serves as ex officio (non-voting and does not visit candidates)
Gerald Schattle and Bill Hutchinson will serve as co-chairs for the Search Committee.